This story began circa 1998 when The Tata's acquired Littlewoods – a London based retail chain.
This acquisition was followed by the establishment of Trent Ltd (a Tata enterprise that presently operates Westside). Littlewoods was subsequently renamed Westside.
In a rapidly evolving retail scenario, Westside has carved a niche for its brand of merchandise creating a loyal following. Currently, the company has 72 Westside stores measuring 15,000-30,000 square feet each across 42 cities.
With a variety of designs and styles, everything at Westside is exclusively designed and the merchandise ranges from stylized clothes, footwear and accessories for men, women and children to well-co-coordinated table linens, artifacts, home accessories and furnishings. Well-designed interiors, sprawling space, prime locations and coffee shops enhance the customers’ shopping experience.
Westside has garnered numerous accolades
- Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame
- India Brand Summit – Brand Leadership Retail
- IFA Visionary of the Year Award, 2002 – Mrs. Simone N. Tata
- Most Admired Large Format Retail Chain of the Year - Lycra Images Fashion Awards 2005
- NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2006 - Retail Category